CALLING ALL NERDS:
HACK ALL THE THINGS!
If your idea of a great time includes a lack of sleep, great food and the company of 175 fellow students working tirelessly to design unique software solutions, keep scrolling.
Waterloo Hacks is a 46-hour hackathon open to University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University students of varying skill levels. Presented by Communitech and powered by Google for Developers, Waterloo Hacks is your chance to access world-class mentors, eat an endless supply of snacks, attend technical workshops and create something awesome.
- Midnight snack
- Late night / early morning activity
- Workshop / talks from companies
- Evening activity
- Midnight snack
- Submissions due
- Closing ceremonies
If you're going to suck up to anyone over the course of the weekend, it may as well be these fine folks! Our judges will determine your (hackathon) fate, and possibly your future.
HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING IT OFF AND ON AGAIN?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I apply?
- Applications are now closed. See you in 2017!
- Where will the hacking take place?
- All hacking will take place at the University of Waterloo in Velocity’s new space in South Campus Hall. On Friday evening, a bus will take all students to the Communitech Hub for opening ceremonies.
- Can I still attend if I’m on a co-op term?
- Yes! As long as you are able to make it in person and are currently enrolled at Waterloo or Laurier.
- Will there be food provided?
- We will keep you fuelled throughout the weekend with meals, snacks, and drinks. Please let us know any dietary restrictions upon applying.
- How many people can be in a team?
- You can work by yourself or on a team of up to four (4) people.
- Do I have to stay there/awake for the whole hackathon?
- We encourage you to spend as much time as possible onsite to make your project to the best it can be! However, please feel free to take naps, go home to shower, etc.
- When must we submit our hacks and how long do we have to pitch?
- Your hacks must be submitted by 9am on Sunday. Judging will start at 9:30am with each team allotted two minutes to present and one minute for questions.
- You didn't answer one of my questions! What's should I do?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask any Communitech employee at the event :).